mrbestwrench.com

Author Topic: ST next year  (Read 5225 times)

dale

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
    • View Profile
Re: ST next year
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 03:30:53 pm »
Hey, I'm willing to give it a try.

Any other ST anything class people want to comment?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 09:53:48 am »
This message was posted yesterday on the old board before I could disable it:

Greetings from Colorado.

As one of the guys that helped create the PRO class we ran in WNY, it was a class for drivers that wanted to compete with each other in highly prepared cars, and it was really fun!

Part of the reason behind the class was to create the opportunity for others to have a chance at winning their class. We looked at the discouragement factor that could have happened from drivers that didnt want to/ couldnt get the car to the level needed to be ultra competitive against those who did/ could.

Would combining your classes create that kind of issue, where a handful of drivers would be far and away leading the pack event after event? Would others get discouraged and stop showing, working against what you were trying to achieve?

Just thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------
Tom Ernst
(In Semi Retirement)
But always open to a ride........

brucejones

• Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 04:26:31 pm »
I agree with those that propose the resurrection of the Pro class.
Let the ST classes exist for the developing drivers even if you combine the classes into one.  Most of the new drivers come into the ST/SM classes.  Losing by 5 seconds is no fun for long.  The recession will continue through 2010 and Topeka has announced a higher insurance levy to boot.  Let's get creative and aggressively market the Solo product.  WNY needs new site while we are at it.  Finally WNY needs to communicate better within the region and out to the competitors.
Rant over.  Whew.

Bruce

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal