mrbestwrench.com

Author Topic: SMF class???  (Read 4598 times)

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
SMF class???
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:54:26 am »
Since SM is our largest class, what are the opinions of splitting it and trying the SMF (fwd) class for this season?  I know Paul Vandenburg is all for it.  What does everyone else think?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Guest »

dale

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
    • View Profile
Re: SMF class???
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 01:49:54 pm »
No reason we can't do it on the local level.

Since this class leads the league in broken cars, it could make borrowing something a little more difficult...  :lol:

dale

99_civic_si

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 02:40:56 pm »
I think for attendance purposes......if we were to split SM, I think a road tire SM class would be more beneficial.  There's a ton of people with modded cars willing to come out and try it, but they get tossed into the SM mix and get absolutely stomped and don't want to come back.  I don't think a FWD split would be beneficial.  If you are going to cry about being FWD in SM, you need to pick to a different car to race.  At a National level, yes MAYBE a split between FWD and RWD/AWD should take place.  But Locally, it's not necessary IMO.

Any Thoughts of bringing back Pro class?

jmercado567

• Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 12:02:21 am »
Lets try it. We do get quite beat by AWD most times.  Would not hurt.  

The street tire thing... well that should be considered...

but the problem is that most times those that have this problem want unrealistic goals.  Even with slicks the'll get beat.

I did street tire on SM and accepted I was out of my league and made it a goal to get better and improve things.

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 08:52:02 am »
Well, if someone's new to autox, they'll be in Novice.  If they've been here for a couple years, then they should know better...

This idea of an SMR class is interesting though.  I don't like the idea of a complete road tire class, because it will water down the rest of the classes, but SM is big enough on it's own that we could split it into two classes that way.

jvtoomey

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 11:06:35 am »
Quote from: "99_civic_si"
I think for attendance purposes......if we were to split SM, I think a road tire SM class would be more beneficial.  There's a ton of people with modded cars willing to come out and try it, but they get tossed into the SM mix and get absolutely stomped and don't want to come back.  I don't think a FWD split would be beneficial.  If you are going to cry about being FWD in SM, you need to pick to a different car to race.  At a National level, yes MAYBE a split between FWD and RWD/AWD should take place.  But Locally, it's not necessary IMO.

i like that idea, and actually i would even consider jumping to SM road tire just to get more people to run against even though I can stay in STU... depends on who shows up this year though, some events there was an all right turn out, but most events it was only two of us.

rushman

• Administrator
  • Pole Setter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 07:31:49 am »
We will have a road tire PAX class this year, not one reserved for SM.  Any class car is welcome to run in it with the exception of ST* classes.  Those cars would have to take the next higher class they are eligible for, which would be the correct SP class.  So a wrx would take an ESP pax, an sti would take BSP...etc so, there is really no point in an ST car running in street tire.   (the reason for this is because the other car's pax is based on race rubber competition, where st car pax is already based on road tires, they would have a distinct advantage in the road tire class)

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal