mrbestwrench.com

Author Topic: Volunteers Needed!!!!  (Read 2955 times)

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
Volunteers Needed!!!!
« on: July 05, 2011, 01:29:05 pm »
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but the last few years have been rough on the club.  Turnout has been low, and a lot of the people that were doing specific duties are not at every (or any) events anymore.  We need some people to step up and help out!  If you are interested in volunteering, just let me know - I'm sure we can find something suitable for anyone interested.

Headstrong Performance

• Novice
  • Autocrosser wanna-be
    • View Profile
    • Headstrong Performance
Re: Volunteers Needed!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 09:20:55 pm »
Hey Jim, I just signed up today and would be interested in helping out if I can fit it in.. I am interested in competing but I think if I helped out and learned how things operated it would do me some good. I have worked on cars for most of my adult life and have only been interested in going in a straight line. Well, that has gotten boring. I would also like to try my hand at some Newbie rally action! I never knew existed around here.

Thanks
  Nate Hopkins

Feel free to email me or give me a call

Nate@headstrongperformance.net
716-478-5548
Nate Hopkins - Owner
Headstrong Performance
Parts and Accessories for your Sport Compact
www.headstrongperformance.net
1-800-434-6174

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:08:34 am »
Well you are in luck, because volunteering doesn't preclude you from competing!

Everyone at the events do some sort of work assignment.  Whether it's course work (picking up cones that are knocked over), working in grid handing out helmets, or making people sign the waivers, every must do something.  It's the only way events can actually run.

What I am specifically looking for are people that would be willing to do a little bit more - help with registration, course setup, timing, chalking cones, setting up equipment, etc.  It would require being available early on event days, or on the day before for setup, or even working a little longer than other work assignments.  It would also help if you (or anyone) would make an effort to come to all the local events.

Nate - since you are new, I'm not going to tax you with more work than necessary for your first few events.  Once you get the feel for how everything runs, if you are still interested in some more work, just let me know.

mistrtwo

• Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 03:51:41 pm »
I will be down early on Sun to help out, Sat I have a wedding to go to but could probably make it on other Saturdays.
Carl 9 STS

Headstrong Performance

• Novice
  • Autocrosser wanna-be
    • View Profile
    • Headstrong Performance
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 07:17:36 pm »
Alright sounds good Jim. Just let me know when/where and what time.

I have just started a business selling performance parts so I want to get out and get involved in the "scene". Obviously locally would be best for me because I'm not rich yet, lol.. Honestly I never really knew these events happened so close to home. Eventually (in a year or two)I would like to do more sponsoring and helping with "racer development". I did some reading on the rally cross (maxx attack) and it seems as if they help drivers/teams to promote themselves. I think that is a great idea, and would like to work my way up there to competing in some rally events as well. Since a little boy I always thought rally racing was the most exciting, now finally at 34 I.m looking for a good 2wd chassis to start building a car.

For now it will be me and my 200,000 mile "Blue Bullitt" (Neon) in the autocross. I'm not sure if it's autocross worthy yet, it still has the original shocks/struts, timing belt, and exhaust on it... This car has always been on a "If it ain't broke don't fix it" maintenance schedule... I just swapped out the original coil, plugs and wires last week.. Everything that does get swapped out will be replaced by top of the line parts (as the budget will allow) because there is virtually no rust on her and I believe she will be an ideal platform for this event.
Nate Hopkins - Owner
Headstrong Performance
1-800-434-6174

Headstrong Performance

• Novice
  • Autocrosser wanna-be
    • View Profile
    • Headstrong Performance
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 03:17:05 pm »
If you guys need help today, let me know. Also what time the AutoX starts tomorrow..
Nate Hopkins - Owner
Headstrong Performance
1-800-434-6174

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal