mrbestwrench.com

Author Topic: New here... [topic moved]  (Read 6513 times)

Coltsfan

• Novice
    • View Profile
New here... [topic moved]
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:09:02 pm »
Hi! I'm new here, and I was wondering if I can compete in Solo Autocross with my 90 Dodge Colt.

It has the entire drivetrain from an AWD 91 Eagle Talon. Because the rear suspension has been modified, I was thinking I could fit into the modified class, but I don't have a battery cutout sticking out of the bodywork. Is there a space for me here?

Should I send in my $80 and a membership form?

Can I show up at Darien Lake on the 29th and be someones guest, and if so, does someone do a tech inspection and let me know where I stand?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:38:08 pm by JimPerrin »

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Membership Forms
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 01:36:23 pm »
There is definitely a place for you, but without more details, I'm not sure exactly where.

Does the car have interior?

And you can be a guest at any event.  You would just have to fill out a weekend membership form, and pay the non-member rate (which is typically $5-$10 more than the member rate).  All you need to do is show up and we can help you from there.

Coltsfan

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: New here... [topic moved]
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 04:11:11 pm »
Yes, it has a full interior, both bumper reinforcement bars, street tires, A/C, P/S, cruise, MHI EVOIII turbo, forged internals, Tien s-tech springs, adjustable shocks and struts, FMIC, and full exhaust.

I did the AWD conversion at my shop in December 2009, and have been putting around 6000 miles per summer on it ever since. It gets some daily duty, some weekend runs to Empire Dragway, and some road trips to car meets. It runs around 12 seconds in a quarter mile on race gas at 30 psi, give or take a couple tenths.

The only time I ever autocrossed in my life was at the annual DSM/EVO Shootout at Summit Raceway Park last year. It was the most fun I have had in a while. I realized then how much I needed suspension.

There's a compilation of video clips of me on you tube, shot by one of the Shootout participants:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tbzv9kcyFo

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:15:14 pm by Coltsfan »

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 04:19:10 pm »
Sounds like it might fit into Street Modified.  Give the rule book a quick read and see if you did anything that doesn't conform to the rules:

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2012_Solo_Rules_March.pdf  (SM starts on page 107). 

If you have questions after reading that, just post them up and I'll do my best to answer.

Coltsfan

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 09:19:58 pm »
I'm not sure I can qualify in (Street Modified) because of the AWD rear subframe and suspension components that I added, but (Fully Prepared) seems doesn't seem like a good fit either.

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 09:22:06 pm »
If all else fails, X Prepared.

JayS

• Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 07:54:12 am »
A little OT, but hey Jim, did you check out that video he posted? I never thought of running an autocross like that before. Probably not ideal but with the loss of ECC-N it might open up some options for locations we never really thought of before.

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 07:58:35 am »
After watching that video, I thought to myself, "People shouldn't complain about ECCN being a giant slalom!"

Coltsfan

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 11:40:04 am »
We were limited on space, and the guy who puts on the event has a son who runs the course with a cart. The fastest cars were pretty evenly matched with the cart on that course.

I'll see you guys at Darien Lake!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:43:30 am by Coltsfan »

mistrtwo

• Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 09:16:42 pm »
AWD Turbo'ed Colt ......nice
Carl 9 STS

Coltsfan

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 05:41:06 pm »
Is this shedule accurate? Can we run at Dome Center tomorrow?
http://www.flr-scca.com/solo/schedule.html

conevadr

• Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 10:03:53 pm »
FLR will be hosting an event at the Dome on Sunday.  It is open to anyone, not just SCCA members (not sure about carts for this event).

George M  (CS 91)

Coltsfan

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 10:12:11 pm »
Sweet! See you all there!

Coltsfan

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 08:14:25 pm »
Well that was really something!

Coltsfan

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 11:42:45 am »
I paid the $80 annual membership fee at the Dome Center event last weekend, and they said I could look online for my six digit membeship number in case I attend another event before my card shows up in the mail.

I have no idea where to look. Anybody know?

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal