mrbestwrench.com

Author Topic: New member... saying hi, questions.  (Read 1816 times)

ProPilot04

• Novice
    • View Profile
New member... saying hi, questions.
« on: April 18, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »
Howdy folks...

Was hoping to get a start in some SCCA events this season. I was looking at specifically starting out in autox, and had some questions.

The first event on our calendar was the Darien Lake event, but that appears to be canceled now. I see that there is a "novice school" in the FLR at RIT this weekend. The weather appears to look less than ideal. Would this be a good event for me to attend as a first timer? Or should I simply wait until the next upcoming event in our region, or an out of region event with better weather?

I've read through numerous "beginner guides" and much of the rule books trying to sort my vehicle out. I guess I'm just wondering if there's anything else I can be doing to participate other than waiting for nice weather, or events?

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
Re: New member... saying hi, questions.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:52:22 pm »
The novice school for FLR is pre-reg/pre-pay only, so you've probably missed that opportunity.  But you can still go to the event on Sunday!  There is no need to wait.  If you want to get started, I recommend heading out there for the event.  Otherwise, you'll have to wait until 5/10 for our next local event.  But remember, seat time is the most important thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal