mrbestwrench.com

Author Topic: Hello....GULP!  (Read 2452 times)

kdhenry

• Novice
  • PSU 72
    • View Profile
Hello....GULP!
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:16:06 pm »
Well, I've finally made the decision.  Sunday I will be at The Ralph with my toy.  I have read everything I can find on the net and have several books on order.  But I still feel like I'm lost.  This autocross stuff involves a whole lot more than steering in a straight line, mashing on the gas and holding on.  And I haven't even done that in forty-some years.

I guess what I'm looking for here is some reassurance.

1. Will  I still qualify as a Novice even though I show up in a (stock) '95 Vette?  BS sounds like it includes some awfully fast cars.

2. Will there be any type of novice instructors around to explain how to make the car go in OTHER than a straight line?

Thank you and see you Sunday.

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello....GULP!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:49:44 am »
1. Novice is for people without experience, not for certain cars.  You'll be fine.  And don't worry about faster cars...it's the slow ones that will get you...

2.  There will be some instructors there.  If someone doesn't ask you specifically, and you'd like an instructor, just let the grid worker know and he'll flag someone down for you.

67Morris

• Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:26:44 am »
I also wanted to add that instructors at the last event were great and always available. Make sure to let one of them drive your car so that you can see what they are doing at each cone/line/turn.

kdhenry

• Novice
  • PSU 72
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 04:33:37 pm »
Thank you, gentlemen.  I feel much relieved.

Now... if I could only get this nervous twitch out of my right foot!

::)

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal