mrbestwrench.com

Author Topic: Recommend a local place to buy a helmet...  (Read 3001 times)

67Morris

• Racer
    • View Profile
Recommend a local place to buy a helmet...
« on: March 19, 2013, 01:51:06 pm »
Hi All, I am looking to purchase a helmet for this season and was wondering if someone can recommend a good local place to buy/try one. Thanks!

dale

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recommend a local place to buy a helmet...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 09:14:33 am »
Never bought one locally, but when you try on helmets --
if it feels like it fits, it's too big
if it feels a little too tight, it's the right size

The padding always loosens up some in use, so you have to account for that.

Dale

TjF

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 10:52:40 am »
Yeah, I had the same question. Is there a local retailer that carries SA2010 helmets?
We've got plenty of ATV/Snomobile places round here but I'm curious where I can find a place to try and buy a helmet for auto-x.

I just qualified for the US Nationals of Nissan GT-Academy (http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2013/) and I want as much seat time as I can get from now until I hopefully end up representing Buffalo on the TV show at Silverstone. Just signed up for the next two FLR events @ RIT but I need to get a helmet and my fat head really wants to be able to try them on rather than go for an online guess.

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 07:12:08 pm »
You might be better off running a couple miles every day.  That seems to be the reason Chris Morton was cut on the first episode.

TjF

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 07:42:19 pm »
You might be better off running a couple miles every day.  That seems to be the reason Chris Morton was cut on the first episode.

Yeah, doing that as well.

I did lots of searching and found that j3compeition in Erie PA is an HJC dealer. They're the closest thing to Buffalo where you can try on a helmet. Unfortunately they'd just finished a weekend tent-event and only had 1 Medium in stock. So I took some measurements and rolled the dice getting a Bell M4 XL off the net over-nighted. Thankfully it fits ok and has clearance for my glasses so I'll be at RIT tomorrow.

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal