mrbestwrench.com

Author Topic: July 2013 Membership Meeting  (Read 1564 times)

dale

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
    • View Profile
July 2013 Membership Meeting
« on: July 08, 2013, 08:06:48 am »
7/1/2013  7:30 Open (Ty Noles presiding)
16 members present/17 after Brother Jerry arrived late.
June Minutes - It was unanimously agreed that Dale keeps good minutes so they must be OK.  Approved.
Treasurer's report (KMF) - A little in, a little out, we're doing OK
Race  report - Earl Hurlbut spoke of the upcoming "Majors" Nationals at Watkins Glen.
Ice Racing report - No Joe, no report, but all shook heads and agreed that the first cars on ice are six-months away.
Solo (Jon) - Successful season even though numbers could be better, "nothing interesting" happening.
Membership report (Jon) - 291 members, Roy B asked if many of the approximately 30% of members who were from Canada were identified as Solo, Jon suggest that virtually no Canadians are involved with Solo.  A very brief discussion about Canadian members concluded, as usual, that they probably overwhelmingly belong for racing driver, crew and worker licenses.
Merchandise (Bill F) - SOS (Same Old Stuff)
NEDiv report (Phil H) - " I just got back from Iceland and have barely got Bish's bills paid and I haven't finished opening my own mail yet......, no report."
OB - None
NB - None
Announcements - Dave Meyers ashes were cast upon the waters of his beloved 1,000 Islands on 6/30, using copper WNYR trophy mugs for the send-off (per Tim E as relayed to Roy B and Phil H).
Bob Burns, Glen Region long-time racer, steward, officer, sometimes-pain-in-the-butt and friend died.
The Vintage Tour will run on August 11 - flyers within a week.
The WNYR Summer Picnic will be on Monday, August 5 at the East Aurora Rod & Gun or Fish & Fur or whatever (same place as last year), flyers within a week.
7:39 Adjourned (Ty and Phil or, perhaps it was Phil and Ty).

Submitted by
Roy B

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal