mrbestwrench.com

Author Topic: Kart Requirments  (Read 1816 times)

KStrycharz

• Novice
    • View Profile
Kart Requirments
« on: July 26, 2015, 03:23:21 pm »
My chassis is a Coyote
Also have a clone motor. Looked on SCCA.com and only 8-12 year olds can run clone if I'm 14

JimPerrin

• Administrator
  • Cone Killer
  • Rental Car Champion!
    • View Profile
Re: Kart Requirments
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 03:41:41 pm »
Let me preface this with the fact that I don't know much about the specifics of kids karts.

That being said, the rules state a few explicit things:
JC and JB Karts can run in JA.
Clone engine is allowed in JB.
If you are 14, then you run in JA.

So, now the only real question in the chassis.  I have no idea about the Coyote, but the rules do say this:

Quote from: 19.2.A.3.c
Chassis: “BabyKart,” “Kid Kart,” and “Cadet Kart” size racing-style chassis only. Intermediate- and full-sized racing chassis are inappropriate for this class regardless of any adaptation or modifications.

So, does that chassis fit the size requirement?  If so, then you should be good to go.  If not, the other alternative would be to run it in KM, but the rules also state the minimum age for KM is 15.

With normal cars, we are very lenient with the rules, since locally, our goal is for everyone to have fun.  So if your car didn't quite fit the rules for the class, but it wasn't a real performance gain, we'd let it slide.  However, there is no leeway with Junior Karts, since it's a real safety/liability thing with our insurance.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:01:39 pm by JimPerrin »

KStrycharz

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Kart Requirments
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 04:08:49 pm »
Let me preface this with the fact that I don't know much about the specifics of kids karts.

That being said, the rules state a few explicit things:
JC and JB Karts can run in JA.
Clone engine is allowed in JB.
If you are 14, then you run in JA.

So, now the only real question in the chassis.  I have no idea about the Coyote, but the rules do say this:

Quote from: 19.2.A.3.c
Chassis: “BabyKart,” “Kid Kart,” and “Cadet Kart” size racing-style chassis only. Intermediate- and full-sized racing chassis are inappropriate for this class regardless of any adaptation or modifications.

So, does that chassis fit the size requirement?  If so, then you should be good to go.  If not, the other alternative would be to run it in KM, but the rules also state the minimum age for KM is 15.

With normal cars, we are very lenient with the rules, since locally, our goal is for everyone to have fun.  So if your car didn't quite fit the rules for the class, but it wasn't a real performance gain, we'd let it slide.  However, there is no leeway with Junior Karts, since it's a real safety/liability thing with our insurance.

So even with running a clone I can participate in JA?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:01:24 pm by JimPerrin »

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal